Author Topic: ve bounces going their  (Read 41 times)

zxlbxj1

• View Profile
ve bounces going their
« on: October 11, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
Advertisement
LOS ANGELES -- Matt Barnes is back playing with the Los Angeles Clippers, and it looked as though hed never been away. Wearing goggles to protect his surgically repaired left eye, Barnes contributed 13 points off the bench, including three 3-pointers to help the Clippers win their fourth straight, 112-91 over the Denver Nuggets on Saturday night. "Love having him back," said Blake Griffin, who had 24 points and 16 rebounds. "Hes a guy who has a positive impact even if he doesnt score a basket." Barnes played for the first time since undergoing three procedures to repair a torn retina in his eye. He got hurt on Nov. 18 when Memphis Zach Randolph inadvertently hit Barnes in the eye. "I feel good," he said, adding that he doesnt like the goggles. "I got elbowed and the goggles gave me a bruise. I dont see myself wearing them long." Clippers coach Doc Rivers said of Barnes, "He looked good. He just gives us something extra -- the toughness, the cutting, the basketball IQ. His shot looked good." Jamal Crawford scored 27 points, hitting six 3-pointers as the Clippers led all the way. Chris Paul added 10 points and 11 assists. DeAndre Jordan had 12 rebounds. "Whenever we set the tone in the first quarter it kind of carries us," Crawford said. "Chris and those guys threw some good passes. I had the easy part shooting the ball." Wilson Chandler scored all of his 19 points in the first half and Timofey Mozgov had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Nuggets, who lost their third straight. Ty Lawson added 13 points as Denver was held to 35 per cent shooting. "We just got thoroughly outplayed by a better team. They pretty much did what they wanted to do to us on the boards. Inside, outside, and on the break, our energy was bad," Nuggets coach and former Lakers star Brian Shaw said. "Were not in a good place right now. Weve got to do some soul searching and really get back to the basics if we want to right the ship." Nuggets starter Kenneth Faried rolled his left ankle at 8:45 of the first quarter and didnt return. The Clippers made 13 3-pointers, improving to 21-2 since the start of last season when they make at least 11. They hit five 3s in the third, including three by Crawford, who had 11 points in the quarter. Griffin went coast-to-coast for a dunk in the third, when Los Angeles stretched its lead to 79-60. "Thats a tough team," Chandler said. "Youve got to try to take something away on the fast break, but theyve got the layups, theyve got the lobs or theyve got the open man for the 3, so its kind of tough." Grifffin and the other starters got some rest to start the fourth before he, Crawford, Paul and Jared Dudley returned midway through. Griffin made four straight free throws and Crawford scored to restore the Clippers lead to 20 points with under five minutes to go. Griffin provided two highlights in the second. He dribbled the length of the court, drawing oohs from the crowd as he went behind his back three times before doing a 360-degree spin and hitting a layup. It didnt count, though, when Lawson was called for a foul. Griffin made 1 of 2 free throws to give the Clippers their largest lead of the half, 44-27. "I dont even know what I was doing," Griffin said, smiling. Barnes missed and Griffin flew in and slammed the ball down for the one-handed putback that kept the Clippers ahead by 11. Darren Collison got in on the act, too. Barnes tipped the ball as the Nuggets inbounded and Collison tossed up a 22-foot desperation heave that went in at the buzzer, keeping the Clippers ahead 56-43 at halftime. Collison scored 13 points. NOTES: Nuggets F Jordan Hamilton returned after serving a one-game suspension for throwing a punch in Tuesdays loss to Oklahoma City. ... Clippers G J.J. Redick is expected to get the cast off his right hand early next week. Hes recovering from a broken hand and torn ligaments in his wrist. ... The Nuggets fell to 1-4 in the second half of a back-to-back set. They were beaten by Phoenix on Friday. Derek Rivers Jersey . The Opening Day starter played 53 games this season hitting .192 with nine home runs and 25 RBI. Red Sox manager John Farrell has decided to start Jose Iglesias at third base as of late instead of Middlebrooks. Jeremy Hill Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Julian-Edelman-Draft-Jersey/. -- Keith Aulie has joined the Tampa Bay Lightning. Matthew Slater Jersey . The Brazilian heads into Saturday afternoons race coming off a close runner-up finish to Ryan Hunter-Reay in the Indianapolis 500. Phillip Dorsett Jersey . A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press the Steelers will part ways with the former Pro Bowler, a move that hardly serves as a surprise after fifth-year linebacker Jason Worilds agreed to accept a "transition player" tag last week.RALEIGH, N.C. - Ryan Miller didnt really need his Vancouver Canucks teammates to score all those goals in the second period.Once again, one would have been plenty.Miller stopped 27 shots in his second straight shutout and the Canucks beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday night.Derek Dorsett, Shawn Matthias and Alexandre Burrows scored the Canucks three goals in a span of 10 minutes, 31 seconds of the second.Kevin Bieksa had two assists for Vancouver, which has followed a three-game losing streak with back-to-back shutouts on the road.Miller, who returned from an illness to beat Philadelphia 4-0 on Thursday night, earned his fifth shutout of the season and 34th of his career. According to STATS, it was Millers first shutouts on consecutive days since 2012.I think its important to get these points and important for me to get back after taking a few days, Miller said. You keep it pretty simple, but you still recognize that it has to be a battle. ... Being in the East for a long time, I know how those teams play in their buildings. Theyre going to come out and ... push hard with their defence, and theyre going to send a lot of pucks at the net and try to make plays.Cam Ward made 10 saves in two periods for the Hurricanes but allowed three goals and was replaced by Anton Khudobin, who made four stops in the third.Carolina which scored 18 goals in its previous six games outshot Vancouver 27-17 but fell to 4-2-1 in January.The Hurricanes remained in last place in the Metropolitan Division and ahead of only Buffalo in the Eastern Conference standings.Youve got to tip your hat to him, Carolina coach Bill Peters said, but I think we could have made it quite a bit harder.Scoring had been a problem lately for Vancouver, which managed just two goals during that losing streak before generating more than ennough offence in the second period to earn its 11th win in 14 meetings with Carolina.ddddddddddddot too long ago, we couldnt score goals, it seems like, Burrows said. Now everybodys got some bounces going their way. ... We werent really getting any puck luck around the net, but now were scoring some timely goals.The Canucks had some trouble putting the puck on the net against Carolina before Dorsett started the decisive scoring binge.The sequence started when Vancouvers Nick Bonino sent a long pass that Carolina All-Star defenceman Justin Faulk misplayed. Dorsett snatched the puck in stride and beat Ward high with 13:42 left in the second.I think we got some bounces, but when you continue to do the things that weve been talking about using speed and going at their D and getting pucks deep, you get good results, Dorsett said.Another misplay by Faulk, at the blue line, led to Matthias goal with 7:03 left in the second. Burrows made it a three-goal game with a shot from the wing that slipped under defenceman John-Michael Liles stick and got past Ward with 3:11 to go.As the game went on, they got those bounces to get their two, and then it was tough to generate anything through the neutral zone and anything in the offensive zone, Carolina captain Eric Staal said. I just dont think we battled enough or worked enough to create more offensively. ... We needed to amp it up more than we did.That was plenty of offensive support for Miller, who joined the Canucks during the off-season and improved his career record against Carolina to 15-9-4.NOTES: D Dan Hamhuis returned for Vancouver after missing 22 games with a hip injury. ... The Hurricanes killed their 30th straight penalty and havent allowed a power-play goal since Dec. 20.___Follow Joedy McCreary on Twitter at http://twitter.com/joedyap Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jersey Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Cheap Arsenal Jerseys Cheap A.S. Roma Jerseys Cheap Atletico Madrid Jerseys Cheap Chelsea Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap Inter Milan Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Cheap Liverpool Jerseys Cheap Manchester City Jerseys Cheap Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '